Accommodation / Guest Rooms
- Could you tell me the check-in / check-out times?
Check-in starts from 14:00 and check-out is by 11:00.
The designated times may be changed depending on the plan.
- Is it possible to extend the check-out time?
Yes, it is possible to extend the check-out time or have an early check-in depending on the stay plan.
However, it is not a basic offering.
- Are there non-smoking rooms?
All rooms are non-smoking.
- Can you tell me the sizes of Yukata (Japanese bathrobes)?
We offer an original Kanko Noguchi Yupacha.
There is an adult size fitting 150 – 195 cm, and a children’s size fitting 100 – 150 cm.
- Is there a bathtub in the guest room?
All the standard rooms are equipped with bathroom and toilet together as a unit bath, while the couples’ twin room and ladies’ twin room have only a shower.
All of the rooms besides these have both bath and toilet.
- Is there a safe / security box in the guest room?
Yes, one is provided in each guest room free of charge. It is also possible to leave valuables for safe keeping at the front desk.
- What facilities are in guest rooms?
Color TV, refrigerator, telephone, air conditioning (temperature adjustment is not possible), unit bath, toilet and so on.(Depending on the room type, there may be additional provisions. Please contact for inquiries).
For further details, please see here.
- How big is the refrigerator in the guest rooms?
About a 46-liter size. Size may vary depending on the room type. Drinking water is provided within, so please enjoy it freely.
- Is it okay to bring juice or alcohol bought from the convenience or other outside stores?
Sure, of course. Please use the refrigerator to suit your needs. *Please acknowledge
- What kinds of amenities are offered in guest rooms?
Toothbrushes, razors, slippers, cups, tea, coffee, small snacks and others are available.
- May I bring my pet to stay overnight?
We are sorry, but pets are not allowed to accompany you.
- Are the guest rooms supplied with towels and hair dryer?
A hairdryer and towels are prepared in your guest room. When you would like to use.
Accommodation of Children
- How about the fees for children?
- For children ages 0-3
- Free (Yukata, toothbrush, and other fixtures will not be included).
- For children 3 and over, including elementary school ages
- Including dinner, but without futon: 2700 yen (2500 yen w/o tax) (sleeping together with parents – child’s meal is the same as adult’s meal)
For use of futon only: 3240 yen (3000 yen w/o tax)
- I want to stay with my baby, but I wonder if you offer service to warm baby food.
Sure. If you bring your food to the front desk, or ask to the restaurant staff at meal time, and we will warm and return it. Please feel free to request to staff.
- Is there any hot water provisions to make milk / baby formula?
A hot water pot is a typical provision in each room.
- Are there Yukatas (Japanese bathrobes) for kids?
Yes, there are. Size depends on dimensions.
For details, refer to here. If the size does not fit, we can exchange it for you at the front desk.
- Are there any drink plans at dinner time?
We offer an all-you-can-drink self-service plan for most soft drinks.
For detailed rates and contents regarding alcohol, please contact the Kita Yuzawa Reservation Center.
Telephone: 0570-026574 (Kita Yuzawa Reservation Center)
Mail: Inquiry form
- Could you tell me the times for the “eat in guest room” meal option?
We are sorry however at this time we do not offer meal service in guest rooms.
- I have food allergies so I’d like to know the ingredients for meals.
As for the buffet restaurant, we have indicated the specific common allergy ingredients (as of 2015) for guests to be aware of and able to enjoy their meals. If you have food allergies, please let us know when you make your reservation with the front desk, restaurant, or staff. We will be sure to respond in the best way possible.
Please be aware there is an extremely very slight possibility of potential allergen substances by way of cooking utensils, equipment and hands. Regarding the ingredients used in meals, the information we provide is from the producer(s). For customers with severe allergies, we may refuse certain meals for your safety.
Thank you in advance for your understanding Kitayuzawa Reservation Center: TEL – 0570-026574 (reception hours are between 10:00 and 18:00).
¥It is also possible to contact from here.
- Is it possible to take away uneaten leftovers from dinner and breakfast meals?
No. We do not allow any leftovers to be taken away due to hygienic reasons.
- Could you tell me about the hot springs and the hot spring quality type?
The quality of Soraniwa is a simple spring type (weak alkaline ・hypotonicity ・hot temperature spring).
It is known to benefit the following: nerve pain, muscle pain, recovery after illness, and general health promotion.
- What are the hot spring bath area times of operation, and how about the changing of men and women’s hot spring sides?
Both public bath and outdoor open bath can be used 24 hours.
However, due to cleaning and changing of men and women’s sides between 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning, the bath cannot be accessed then.
- In total, how many hot spring baths are there?
There is one large indoor bath and one large outdoor bath. For further details please refer to here.
- When using the hot springs, is it necessary to bring towels or anything else?
There are no bath towels or other towels available in the changing room.
They are prepared beforehand in your guest room, so please bring it to the bath area.
- In the case that there are dirty or stained towels, is it possible to exchange them?
Yes, of course. We prepare one set of face and bath towels in your guest room beforehand, however if you wish to contact the front desk to exchange any of those, we will respond kindly.
- Do you offer one-day hot spring bathing (for people who do not stay overnight)?
Yes, we do. For further details, please refer to here.
- Is it possible to reserve private bathing times?
Unfortunately, we do not any private baths.
Access / Parking
- Do you have a map code?
The map code for Kita Yuzawa Mori no Soraniwa is as follows: 603 753 021*88.
Please take care when coming by car.
- When taking the highway route, what is the closest IC?
The closest IC to the hotel is “Date IC” of the Toho Expressway, from which you can arrive after about 40 minutes once you exit the IC.
If you come from Sapporo using car navigation, there is one from Shirao IC via Route 86, but please note that Road No. 86 will be closed for winter time.
- When using the ETC holiday discount price, how much does the total cost of highway fees come to?
Prices will vary depending on the IC you use. If you search the following site, you can be sure of the details. NEXCO East Japan highway toll search.
- After getting off the highway, what is the route to the hotel?
If you experience any anxiety or worry during your drive, please contact the hotel and we will respond kindly. Please refer to here for further details.
- Is there a fee for using the hotel parking lot? Is it free?
Yes, it is free. The hotel parking lot holds approximately 200 cars.
- I want to go by automobile, so could you tell me how the roads are?
You are able to check the weather and track the daily conditions from here. Please be careful in your drive.
- Does your hotel run a shuttle bus? How can I book the shuttle bus?
Yes, we do. We offer service from Sapporo Station as well as Chitose Airport each day. Please refer here for details.
Customers who hope to use the shuttle bus can make an inquiry from [Shuttle Bus Reservation Application Form]
※ As there are seat capacity limitations, we do not allow reservations for groups of 8 people or more.
Please be advised that once the bus is fully booked, reservations will no longer be accepted for those times.
- Where is the bus pick-up?
[From Sapporo Station (free)]
Gather between JR Sapporo Station North and Central exits near the “Kane-no Hiroba”(near Dotour Coffee Shop).
Staff wearing a yellow jacket will be there to assist you from 13:00.
[From New Chitose Airport (cost)]
Gathering is on the 1F Arrival Lobby of the New Chitose Airport, Japan Airlines (JAL) Arrival Port A and Japan Airlines (JAL) Arrival Port B.
Please come to the Domestic Tour where you can see a green sign “Hokkaido Tour Desk” Desk between Arrival 4 and Arrival 5 gates.
Please refer here for details.
- What color is the shuttle bus from Sapporo? Does it have Mori no Soraniwa written on it?
The shuttle bus depends on the bus company at the time of reservation.
As such, we cannot say the specific color – please be advised.
- Is there any shuttle bus service to / from the nearest station?
No, unfortunately we do not offer that from JR Date Monbetsu Station.
However, there is a shuttle bus service from JR Sapporo Station and also New Chitose Airport. For further details, please refer to here.
- How many floors is the hotel building?
The building consists of the eleven floors along with the basement floor.
- Is the entire hotel non-smoking?
Smoking is prohibited in public spaces such as the lobby, restaurants and so on. However, we offer a smoking space on the first floor, near the second floor restaurant entrance, as well as smoking areas on the fourth, sixth, eighth, and ninth floors.
- I’d like to know about the conditions of barrier-free access, including any wheelchair related information.
Mori no Soraniwa has 12 universal rooms for wheelchairs.
In the Japanese-style room, with a capacity of 4 people, there is a step between rooms, but there are handrails prepared in the bathroom, sink and so on.
On the premises, we have one wheelchair available for use free of charge. As the number is limited, please reserve in advance.
- Please tell me the opening hours of the facilities in the hotel.
Facilities available on the 1st floor
The esthetics of our hotel is “Hokkaido Brand Este” which uses plenty of cosmetics made with the blessings of nature of Hokkaido.
【Open Hours】 From 16: 00 to 23: 30
Shop “Mori no Nigiwai”, “Meisui Mart II” convenience store
We stock a variety of souvenirs such as confectionery.
[Business hours] 7: 30 – 11: 30, 14: 00 – 22: 00
Church of Kita Yuzawa Midori no Mori
Nature keeps the eternal oath gently. A setting and image of England’s traditional orthodox wedding.
“Kita Yuzawa Midori no Mori Church” promises a wedding ceremony that you will never forget for a lifetime.
Please take a look here for more information.
Facilities available on the 1st basement floor
KARAOKE “Sora Uta”
Please enjoy and sing a lot with friends and family while enjoying drinks.
【Open Hours】 14:00 to 23:00 (final reception at 22:00) (Please note that you cannot use it during renovation work as of May 2018)
- Do you have any karaoke offered?
There is a karaoke box “Sora Uta” on the basement floor.
(Please note that you cannot use it during the renovation work as of May 2018)
- Is there a swimming pool on the grounds?
There is a hot spring beach “To・ko・nats” and an indoor hot spring pool “Su yi ma-ni”.
Each can be reached from the public bath dressing room.
Hours for both are from 7:00 to 21:00.
- Is there swimwear rental?
Yes, we offer the following at the 1st floor shop of our hotel.
Adult’s – 700 yen (649 yen w/out tax)
Children’s – 500 yen (463 yen w/outg tax)
- Is it possible to do laundry with, for example, coin laundry facilities?
Unfortunately, there are no coin laundry facilities.
- Does the hotel have any aesthetic and/or massage salons?
Yes. We offer an aesthetic and massage corner on the first floor near the large indoor bath.
- Could you please tell me about the massage corner’s business hours and prices?
Yes, we do. For further details, please refer to here.
- Are there any vending machines on the hotel grounds?
Yes, there are soft drink and alcohol machines.
- Do any rooms have play things available for children?
We have Mahjong, Shogi and Go available for your use.
As they are limited in number, please make sure to reserve in advance.
Mahjong Set (1 set): 3240 yen (3000 yen w/out tax) for the night
Mahjong Table Only (1 set): 1620 yen (1500 yen w/out tax) for the night
Shogi, Go Sets (1 set): 1620 yen (1500 yen w/out tax) for the night
- Is there any entertainment in the hall?
A Bingo Games tournament begins play from 20:30 in the lobby on the first floor.
Participation is 500 yen per card (463 yen excluding tax).
※ Hours and fees are subject to change, so please contact the front desk.
- How about coupons or using any other offerings from a third-party?
For supplementary vouchers and tickets from special offers, it is only possible to pay on site. Please know in advance that guests with those offers must pay cash at checkout. In cases of credit card payment, these discount offers will not be accepted.
- We would like to send our luggage ahead of time …
Yes, we can keep your luggage at the front desk.
Please send it by the morning of the designated stay arrival day. Be sure to indicate “reservation name and guest name” as well as “stay date” on a slip with your baggage.
* Sending Address *
Town: Kitayuzawa Onsen-cho 300-7
City: Otaki-ku, Date-shi
Addressee: Kitayuzawa Mori no Soraniwa Front Care
- Is it possible to leave our luggage in care of the hotel?
Yes, we offer luggage storage both before check-in and after check-out at the reception.
Please ask our front desk staff in regards to it.
* Depending on the type and value of the belongings, we may refuse.
- Are there any computers for guests to borrow for use? Is there an internet connection available?
You can use a computer on the first floor (free of charge).
The internet is prepared for your convenience (ISDN 64kbps)
The first floor lobby offers Wi-Fi service (free of charge).
※ Depending on time of the day, line speed may be slower due to congestion. Please acknowledge.
- Can I use my credit card for payment?
The following credit cards are accepted:
- We would like to use the hotel for a special celebration – do you offer any provisions for such events?
Yes, some provisions are prepared free of charge, while others are available for a fee. Please refer to here for details.
- Could I request cake or flower arrangements to the hotel?
Yes, we can provide such for a fee. If you would like us to prepare, please contact at least 3 days in advance of your reservation stay. Please refer to here for details.
- We will stay for a 60th birthday. Do you offer anything special?
For over 60 birthday celebrations, we offer a 3-piece set of kimono, hat and cushion (free of charge). Since the number is limited, please contact in advance. See here for details.
- How is the cellphone connection within the hotel?
The cellphone connection within the hotel is generally good for any model of phone.
- Is there any convenience store nearby?
There is a Seico Mart convenience store at about a 30-minute walk from the hotel.
- Is there any bank or ATM services near the hotel?
There are no banks. However, you can access money at the post office that is a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel.
- Could you tell me information about sightseeing for the Kitayuzawa Hot Spring areas?
Please see this page for further details.
- I would like to make an inquiry directly to the hotel.
Of course. We can take any inquiry at the Kitayuzawa General Reservation Center.
Telephone number: 0570-026574. Inquiries will be handled from 10:00 to 18:00. Also, you can email from here.